If Trump fires Rod Rosenstein or Mueller we will rally with the rest of the nation!
WHERE / WHEN
Where: Northwest corner of Market Street and Route 9, Rhinebeck, NY
When Rally will begin:
– If actions are triggered BEFORE 2 p.m. local time event will begin @ 5 p.m. local time.
– If actions are triggered AFTER 2 p.m. local time event will begin @ noon local time the following day.
THEN WHAT? Good question.
These events are only the first step. Our goal with these actions is to create an opportunity for anyone outraged by Trump’s abuse of power to engage immediately in voicing their concern. Together, we will communicate unmistakably that this is not okay and that this act to undermine democracy is not going to be allowed to become a new normal.
But that’s only the first step, and it’s far from the last one.
Congress is the only body with the constitutional power and responsibility to hold a president politically accountable for significant violations of the public trust like this. “We, the People” are their backstop and source of legitimate power. What people do next to force Congress to act is up to them!
Indeed, everyone at an event should also call our members of Congress to demand action. Everyone is encouraged to communicate that demand directly at congressional offices.
DC Office: (202) 225-5614
Kingston Office: (845) 514-2322
Kirsten Gillibrand: (202) 224-4451
Charles Schumer: (202) 224-6542
1. Demand members of Congress protect the special counsel’s office, including preserving its files and staff and ensuring it receives the full cooperation of all federal government law enforcement assets.
2. Demand the creation of a modern-day version of the Senate Select Watergate Committee to investigate all matters involved in the Russia scandals and Trump’s abuse of power and obstruction of justice.
3. Demand bipartisan hearings in the House Judiciary Committee on obstruction of justice and abuse of power.
As always, the most critical thing we can do is VOTE!